- This event has passed.
After School Program – Kirby’s School of Wake
September 3, 2019 - September 6, 2019
Are you looking for a fun after school activity for your kiddo this fall? Kirby’s School of Wake is now offering an after school watersports program starting Tuesday, September 3. This is a three week program that runs Monday through Thursday (except the first week is Tuesday – Friday to account for the holiday) from 3:30pm to 6:30pm at our location in Osage Beach.
We provide the boat, all of the equipment including life jackets and boards, and use of our Bluetooth Intercom System. Participants of any age and ability level are welcome to attend. Students are able to beginner ski on our ZUP Board, wakeboard, or wakesurf. Even if you’ve never tried any watersports, we are happy to ease you into watersports in a fun and safe way. These will be group lessons and the price structure is below:
- Package Deal: $480 (12 sessions): If the students would like to do additional lessons, they will receive the same low rate of $40 per session. [Note: if you have other obligations hindering your child from attending every day, you are welcome to still purchase the package and arrange your 12 sessions around however works best with your schedule. For instance doing two-20-minute sessions in one day etc.] This is a savings of $120.
- Individual Sessions: $50 per day
With remaining time, students will receive study hall time to work on homework. Sydney will be assisting with homework as she was Valedictorian in High School, graduated from the University of Missouri Sum Cum Laude. In addition, she volunteered at an after school program in high school and worked as a tutor and freshman football mentor with the University of Missouri Athletic Department throughout college. Please let her know if there are specific assignments they will be needing help with.
- Week 1: Tuesday, September 3 – Friday, September 6
- Week 2: Monday, September 9 – Thursday, September 12
- Week 3: Monday, September 16 – Thursday, September 19
What to Bring:
Swimsuit, Towel, Snacks, Water, Homework
How Many Students do you Accommodate per day?
Space is limited to five students per day.
How to Sign Up:
If you’d like to purchase the package deal, please RSVP to email@example.com. Payment will be taken on the first day, Tuesday, September 3 at drop off or anytime before. We accept cash, credit and Venmo.
If you are interested in sending your child on only select days and doing the individual payment option, please email Sydney at firstname.lastname@example.org at least a day before to ensure there is space available and so that we can know to expect them. Payment is taken each day for these.
Where is the Program Located?
What is your Policy for Inclement Weather?
If there is inclement weather, we will have makeup days at the end of the three weeks.
Is the lake going to be too cold?
This is part of our favorite time of year to ski! The weather is still warm and the lake is nice and calm. We also have a full line of wetsuits from tops, to spring suits, to full suits for added comfort if necessary.